Live show — between 2 people talking about what’s happening in Bitcoin or anything tangential and relevant to it. — verbal ping pong.
The dynamic between the hosts is key, so there needs to be an air of confidence until something is proven to be factually wrong and always be able to say I’m wrong.
There should be a possibility to intellectualize almost everything but also dumb down any concept or idea that comes across.
Fancy words are a plus but not a must. Sophistication doesn’t come with fancy words, it comes with a fancy mind.
I would want this to be a show where the topics vary from Schnorr signatures to archetypes, to getting your dick sucked, to Mempool dynamics.
This is a show NOT a podcast, meaning that it wants to be entertaining. There is not a need for high production quality but it needs to show effort.
I want people to watch the show for the hosts, not for the events presented in the show.
Around ~5 topics, usually referenced through a tweet, and the host discusses and comments on them.
When: M-F, but every day at the same time. The cohost doesn’t need to be present for every day
Length: ~ 1h.
Shows I like:
I was a huge fan of Bitcoin Uncensored back in the day so if there is any show I would want to mimic it would be this one.
Why did I like it?
- They could talk to anyone: Hookers, drug addicts, Nobel price winners
- They had good insights into how reality works(street smarts and book smarts)
- They would intellectualize things that no “intellectual” spent any time on, but at the same time make fart jokes about very serious and high-brow subjects.
- They could talk about anything with anyone anytime.
What I don’t like about other podcasts?
- Hosts having the enthusiasm of a teenage girl that just found out she’s pregnant
- Everyone is competing on who is the biggest fanboy
- Over intellectualization without any practicality
- Approaching Bitcoining as a checklist (Get the right guest, say the right things, read the right books, eat the right food, run a node, done)
- Lack of any artistic taste
- No one seems to be having fun.
- Wants to do the show, doesn’t need the show.
- Intellectually confident, honest, and consistent
- Sense of humor
- Comfortable to talk about anything anytime
- Show up on the show, when you need to
- Always speak your mind
- Take care of the production with me
- Curate topics to talk about the next day
Instead of a mood board
Communication styles and ways of relating to reality I really like:
- Richard Feynman
- Jordan Peterson
- Chris Deros & Junseth
- Terrence McKenna
- Mitch Hedberg
- Howard Stern & Artie Lange
- Don Rickles
- Andrew Schulz
- Joey Coco Diaz
- Guy Richie
- Phil Lack
- Gary Vee
- Mathew McConaughey
- Ben Shapiro
- David Chow
- Quentin Tarantino
- Craig Ferguson
- Dave Portnoy
- David Lee Roth
If you still think this is interesting but you want to get involved partially or help just with one thing, please feel free to reach out.
My name is Alex Waltz, and I am a Bitcoiner.
I got into Bitcoin in 2012 while I was studying Computer Science.
Once I stumbled upon Bitcoin I immediately quit college and ever since then every waking second of my life has been about Bitcoin.
I have started quite a few projects, some had to do with mining, a few apps(that never took off).
For the last few years, I’ve been doing a bit of OTC trading.
Bitcoin was the greatest thing I ever came across. It helped me find my nobility and showed me that I always was aristocratic by nature, but I did not know it.
I also play guitar for 14 years.
Things I often talk about:
- Bitcoin(from low-level signatures type stuff to the culture around it, not implying I know what I am talking about)
- How to make more Bitcoin
- How do you make something the best
- Meaning of things
- Business things
You can check out Bitcoin Reservations — my YouTube channel where I tried doing various types of videos.
The best way to contact me is on Twitter.